The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks
Sign in to follow this  
LordNelson

GDT - Nashville Preds @ SJ Sharks - 7:30 Tank Time

37 minutes ago, danvilleshark said:

Angry Jumbo is good. He was chirping from the box the entire time and wanted to throw down. His partner said no 

Angry Joe is the best Joe.

Sharks got a new streak going!

Oh wait...

Time for me to crush a couple cold beers...

10 hours ago, Fugazi said:

No test. They'll come out like gangbusters and bury Nashville 6-2.

Evander Kane with the Hat Trick

giphy.gif

It was all over after this post...

22 minutes ago, D5Shark said:

That magic number thread didn't take very long to kick in.

The Sharks have not won since it was started.

Just sayin...

11 hours ago, seattle__sam said:

It was all over after this post...

The reverse mojo failed me

I can't shake the feeling that Simek being out is the inveitable crack that will lead to us having a lackluster playoffs. Seems like the team is not the same when he is out, which doesn't make a ton of sense but I figure the records with/without will bear that out (even considering Karlsson has also been out for large stretches that Simek played).

39 minutes ago, MarbleMadness said:

I can't shake the feeling that Simek being out is the inveitable crack that will lead to us having a lackluster playoffs. Seems like the team is not the same when he is out, which doesn't make a ton of sense but I figure the records with/without will bear that out (even considering Karlsson has also been out for large stretches that Simek played).

He is a loss for sure but probably survivable, esp if Karlsson comes back.  Heed and Ryan make some rookie mistakes but are actually pretty good. What they can’t survive is a fourth line with Haley on it. They will require 4 line depth to be successful because their top two are very good but nowhere near the quality of the best of the playoff teams. Fourth line has been generating some exciting chances of late but they all go to die on Haley’s stick. 

55 minutes ago, it_hurts said:

He is a loss for sure but probably survivable, esp if Karlsson comes back.  Heed and Ryan make some rookie mistakes but are actually pretty good. What they can’t survive is a fourth line with Haley on it. They will require 4 line depth to be successful because their top two are very good but nowhere near the quality of the best of the playoff teams. Fourth line has been generating some exciting chances of late but they all go to die on Haley’s stick. 

Wait, I thought we all like Haley

Anyone else get the feeling that with a little more experience Heed could be more then a serviceable D Man? I Personally think  with the right coaching and more games played, He could end up being great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallyshark-SS6 said:

Anyone else get the feeling that with a little more experience Heed could be more then a serviceable D Man? I Personally think  with the right coaching and more games played, He could end up being great.

I agree he is improving. They areally need to have some set plays to feed his slap shot. I don’t know if he can be great but I do think he will be good. 

4 hours ago, wallyshark-SS6 said:

First, it's REALLY nice Sharks have 3 pretty steady/strong insert-able #5-6 D-men in the Org right now.  Kind of rare.  DeMelo was good but became expendable, Ryan came in seamlessly after DeMelo was off to Ott.  Then Heed started playing a lot of minutes after Vlasic needed a break and Karlsson was in & out.   Now Simek has come in proving to be a strong undrafted euro signing. 

Heed is just as steady, strong at skating as those two IMO, but Heed's main problem in SJ is that he shoots right, and so does Burns, Braun & Karlsson. So I think Simek and then Ryan (both shoot L) could have a better fit long term in SJ.  Heed is already age 28. Simek 26 and Ryan 25.

Interesting all three of these guys played seasons with the Barracuda and then came up to find a quick fit.  Is uncle Roy the 'blueline whisperer' down there now? 

53 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

First, it's REALLY nice Sharks have 3 pretty steady/strong insert-able #5-6 D-men in the Org right now.  Kind of rare.  DeMelo was good but became expendable, Ryan came in seamlessly after DeMelo was off to Ott.  Then Heed started playing a lot of minutes after Vlasic needed a break and Karlsson was in & out.   Now Simek has come in proving to be a strong undrafted euro signing. 

Heed is just as steady, strong at skating as those two IMO, but Heed's main problem in SJ is that he shoots right, and so does Burns, Braun & Karlsson. So I think Simek and then Ryan (both shoot L) could have a better fit long term in SJ.  Heed is already age 28. Simek 26 and Ryan 25.

Interesting all three of these guys played seasons with the Barracuda and then came up to find a quick fit.  Is uncle Roy the 'blueline whisperer' down there now? 

Simek played 1 season.
Heed played 1 season of 55 games and 10 more this season.

Why do you insist on using plural form?

2 hours ago, cjelli said:

Simek played 1 season.
Heed played 1 season of 55 games and 10 more this season.

Why do you insist on using plural form?

I think you're in jeopardy of missing the REAL hockey point  - when you insist to nitpick on minor words. 

2 hours ago, LordNelson said:

I think you're in jeopardy of missing the REAL hockey point  - when you insist to nitpick on minor words. 

Jelly doesn't know anything about hockey. Nitpicking words is literally his only argument. 

5 hours ago, LordNelson said:

The hockey point is that Roy Sommer is an impediment on the development.

The hockey point is that Roy Sommer is an impediment on the development.

That is an opinion. Do you have any Roy Sommer graphs or pie charts to help your opinion become persuasive?

37 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

That is an opinion. Do you have any Roy Sommer graphs or pie charts to help your opinion become persuasive?

The onus of persuasion is on you: Roy Sommer is at best a cross between Patrick Marleau and Matt Cullen, closer to the latter one, but without the three ringy thingys.

11 minutes ago, cjelli said:

The onus of persuasion is on you: 

you stated Roy is an ‘impediment to player development’. Given Sharks Org has been one of the most successful NHLteams over the past 20 seasons, about to reach the post-season for the 14th time in the last 15 seasons - how has DW accomplished sustained roster strength with such a terrible farm team coach?

42 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

you stated Roy is an ‘impediment to player development’. Given Sharks Org has been one of the most successful NHLteams over the past 20 seasons, about to reach the post-season for the 14th time in the last 15 seasons - how has DW accomplished sustained roster strength with such a terrible farm team coach?

By bypassing the farm team coach.

By bypassing the farm team coach.

I'll allow ironic humor to overshadow your irrational/meritless claim regarding Sharks development system.  :)