The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks
Sign in to follow this  
danvilleshark

GDT Sharks vs Habs 7:30 beer time

19 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

Will be at the game tonight celebrating birthday #60!  Fitting an original-six team was scheduled, my dad took me to a Canadiens/Seals game back when I was 10. Let’s go Sharks! 

See you there. Going with Mrs Danville and my neighbors who were born and raised on Montreal.

58 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

Will be at the game tonight celebrating birthday #60!  Fitting an original-six team was scheduled, my dad took me to a Canadiens/Seals game back when I was 10. Let’s go Sharks! 

Will birthday sandals be worn? :P

37 minutes ago, Sharkhaywood said:

Will birthday sandals be worn? :P

Ha! Likely dressing for rain puddles with teal on somewhere.  premium Beers will be consumed.  probably high-five Danville at some point because Sharks playing 3 strong periods in a row tonight. 

3 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

Ha! likely dressing for rain puddles with some teal on somewhere.  premium Beers will be consumed.  probably high-five Danville at some point because sharks playing 3 strong periods in a row tonight. 

He is obviously already drinking :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sharkhaywood said:

He is obviously already drinking :lol:

yea 2 mimosas and shot of tequila migrated to my breakfast table this morning, Mariachis sang, I kid you not.  It's been not the normal day so far..  Its only just a (new) number but I'll take the celebrations! :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sharkhaywood said:

Kane leads the league in penalty minutes.  Quite a few misconducts in there.

Pretty remarkable for a guy who's been here for a year now and is coming off a big contract extension.  Both those things would suggest a guy staying away from the rough stuff but it's been quite the opposite.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John96 said:

Pretty remarkable for a guy who's been here for a year now and is coming off a big contract extension.  Both those things would suggest a guy staying away from the rough stuff but it's been quite the opposite.

I think that says more about the rest of the league than it does about Kane. 

1 hour ago, John96 said:

He’s absolutely not afraid to gets his hands dirty...I’m also consistanly surprised at the short bursts of speed he can generate. I didn’t realize how quick he was before he became a Shark. 

1 hour ago, D5Shark said:

I think that says more about the rest of the league than it does about Kane. 

Probably true but how many guys at his level, who've already gotten paid, end up on pace for about 200 PIMs?

I did some research and while there were plenty guys to do it but they're guys like Zenon Konopka, Chris Neil, and Colton Orr, not guys like who put up 30 goals.

Most of the time guys shy away from the rough stuff and physical play as they get on in their career and establish themselves, especially when they have the talent to contribute in other ways.  He could get away with doing none of it and we've seen guys come here for that purpose and fail to live up to the role, guys who were specifically added for that purpose.  He wasn't but he's brought it from the get go and hasn't faded.  Maybe that will change but it's been a welcome surprise so far and one that this team has badly needed.  I don't think the man is the second coming of Cam Neely or Brendan Shanahan, he's more of a pest in the Matthew Tkachuk mold but he has the strength and skill in that aspect of the game to back it up, unlike many others who play more to agitate than bully.  

23 minutes ago, John96 said:

Probably true but how many guys at his level, who've already gotten paid, end up on pace for about 200 PIMs?

I did some research and while there were plenty guys to do it but they're guys like Zenon Konopka, Chris Neil, and Colton Orr, not guys like who put up 30 goals.

Most of the time guys shy away from the rough stuff and physical play as they get on in their career and establish themselves, especially when they have the talent to contribute in other ways.  He could get away with doing none of it and we've seen guys come here for that purpose and fail to live up to the role, guys who were specifically added for that purpose.  He wasn't but he's brought it from the get go and hasn't faded.  Maybe that will change but it's been a welcome surprise so far and one that this team has badly needed.  I don't think the man is the second coming of Cam Neely or Brendan Shanahan, he's more of a pest in the Matthew Tkachuk mold but he has the strength and skill in that aspect of the game to back it up, unlike many others who play more to agitate than bully.  

I wonder if this was one of the reasons for the Sharks to grab Haley off waivers to have someone to go after guys so Kane doesn't feel the need to?

5 hours ago, LordNelson said:

Have a very Happy Birthday, Nellie.  I hope the Sharks bring home a win in your honor. Or at least, Danville buys you a beer.

53 minutes ago, Sharkhaywood said:

I wonder if this was one of the reasons for the Sharks to grab Haley off waivers to have someone to go after guys so Kane doesn't feel the need to?

Quite possible.  Probably that and seeing Barclay Goodrow trying to do it and not having it go so well.

Sloth is 2nd most sharks wins after Nabby, gtfo. I thought he'd be 3rd at most but it did seem to take forever for them to finally kick his ass out 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Getzlaffedat said:

Sloth is 2nd most sharks wins after Nabby, gtfo. I thought he'd be 3rd at most but it did seem to take forever for them to finally kick his ass out 

I hated every day that damn Sloth was in San Joe

They celebrated but not like they knew Marcus Sorensen scored but like they knew Antti Niemi didn't make the save.