The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks
Sign in to follow this  
danvilleshark

OT the PIT VI the revenge of the insulted

12 hours ago, danvilleshark said:

The idiot promised to build a wall. He had the house and the senate and did not get it done. 

#loser. 

This is also on the idiots in Congress.  The GOP listened to their consultants who said "If we go forward on immigration and build the wall we will lose our majority in the House so we can't do that."  Then they promptly went out and lost their majority in the house anyways.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cjelli said:

But he didn't. Starting with McCain.

3 hours ago, seattle__sam said:

Yeah, the legacy from those first two years will be Republican NeverTrumpers who screwed the pooch.

Agree 100%. I respect McCains military service but he was a train wreck his last two years in the senate. He, Corker and Flake hated Trump so much they actually changed from previously held positions and voted against Trump just to damge him. Obama care and illegal immigration to specifically name a couple. 

Its painful to see McCains daughter running around saying how great he was...no, he was the epitomy of what is wrong with DC’s deep state politics. 

3 hours ago, danvilleshark said:

Leaders have to be able to lead. 

You can only take that so far though. I don’t care how good of a leader you are; if your own team is actively sabotaging you there isn’t a path to success. And yes, good strong leaders sometimes get sabotaged by others for purely personnal reasons that have nothing to do with leadership skills. 

That being said, I think Trump is a terrible leader. 

1 minute ago, winecountrysharksfan said:

Agree 100%. I respect McCains military service but he was a train wreck his last two years in the senate. He, Corker and Flake hated Trump so much they actually changed from previously held positions and voted against Trump just to damge him. Obama care and illegal immigration to specifically name a couple. 

Its painful to see McCains daughter running around saying how great he was...no, he was the epitomy of what is wrong with DC’s deep state politics. 

McCain has been on one side - John McCain's side since losing the primary to Dubya.

He did everything he could to let Obama win, and had the what I guess the DNC now call dignity to turn around and blame it on Palin.

I don't have anything against Megan McCain - it's her father. The people who use a personal grief for their own benefit are the real assholes here.

30 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

How messed up is our country when the SCOTUS has to give the executive brach permission to detain/deport illegal immigrants who have been convicted of crimes and done time in jail/prison...

12 minutes ago, winecountrysharksfan said:

How messed up is our country when the SCOTUS has to give the executive brach permission to detain/deport illegal immigrants who have been convicted of crimes and done time in jail/prison...

This has to be used next election cycle.

23 minutes ago, winecountrysharksfan said:

He was a train wreck long before that.Going back to the way he dumped his first wife when she got cancer.

The well known right wing blog writer Ted Koppel on the state of the so called media:

Journalism legend Ted Koppel feels that The New York Times and Washington Post have both “decided as organizations” that President Trump is bad for America.

“I’m terribly concerned that when you talk about the New York Times these days, when you talk about the Washington Post these days, we’re not talking about the New York Times of 50 years ago. We are not talking about the Washington Post of 50 years ago,” Koppel said on March 7 at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in a clip that was uncovered on Monday by NewsBusters.

“We’re talking about organizations that I believe have, in fact, decided as organizations that Donald J. Trump is bad for the United States,” Koppel said. “We have things appearing on the front page of the New York Times right now that never would have appeared 50 years ago.”

Koppel explained that analysis and commentary didn’t use to appear on the front page, but times have changed since Trump entered the world of politics.

“I remember sitting at the breakfast table with my wife during the campaign after the Access Hollywood tape came out and the New York Times, and I will not offend any of you here by using the language but you know exactly what words were used, and they were spelled out on the front page of the New York Times,” he said. “I turned to my wife and I said, ‘The Times is absolutely committed to making sure that this guy does not get elected.’”

Koppel said Trump’s perception that “the establishment press is out to get him” is indeed accurate.

“He’s not mistaken when so many of the liberal media, for example, described themselves as belonging to the Resistance. What does that mean? That’s not said by people who consider themselves reporters, objective reporters of facts,” Koppel said. “That’s the kind of language that’s used by people who genuinely believe, and I rather suspect with some justification, that Donald Trump is bad for the United States.”

The Times and Post did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

6 hours ago, cjelli said:

But he didn't. Starting with McCain.

McCain was facing a very tough election in Arizona his last election and was being challenged by a tea party affiliated candidate.  After years and years of opposing any efforts to build a border wall McCain actually put out a campaign ad where he said on tape "Send me back to Washington so we can build the damn wall."  He also ran big time on repealing Obamacare.  Once Trump won the election he immediately flip flopped on both issues.