The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danvilleshark

OT The Pit V cant we all just get along?

I guess Danville recalls what his wife told him his child had for breakfast 834 days ago as well as he recalls his marriage day or the birth of a child.

After all, recollection is recollection.

Keep telling yourself and your doll that. I hope your both happy! :)

Gee, I wonder who did this? Lies lies lies yeah......

The State Department admitted Wednesday that a 2013 press briefing video was purposefully altered to remove a portion of a discussion about the Iran nuclear talks, after an unknown State Department official asked that it be edited out.

Spokesman John Kirby's announcement contradicted the position held by the department for the last three weeks, during which officials said the video was missing because of a "glitch."

But Kirby said officials didn't know who asked for the video to be edited, and said the department is unlikely to investigate further into who wanted the video to be edited.

Kirby said he asked the Office of the Legal Adviser to look into the issue, and that officials "learned that a specific request was made to excise that portion of the briefing. We do not know who made the request to edit the video, or why it was made."

Kirby insisted that the person who made the edit only remembers that he or she got a call from someone at the State Department, who was passing on a request from the departments' Public Affairs Bureau. But he said the person who received the call didn't remember who the caller was, and doesn't know who in that bureau made the request.

The missing video clip was revealed more than three weeks ago, and it involves then-spokeswoman Jen Psaki, who was asked in 2013 whether officials ever lie to the public to protect national security interests. Psaki seemed to indicate that this does happen.

"James, I think there are times where diplomacy needs privacy in order to progress. This is a good example of that," Psaki replied to Fox News reporter James Rosen.

When it was revealed that the video had been edited to remove those comments, the State Department quickly restored the entire video, and blamed the missing video on a "glitch."

Psaki worked in the Public Affairs Bureau, but Kirby didn't say it was Psaki who made the request, or who it might have been. But he did say the request was made in 2013, when she was still at the State Department. She has since moved to the White House.

Rosen's question dealt with when the Obama administration started the Iran nuclear talks. The administration initially said the talks started in 2013, after moderate leaders took over Iran.

But evidence has since surfaced that the talks started earlier, before moderates were in power, a fact that some see as evidence that Obama wanted a deal at any cost.

Kirby said that while it was wrong to edit the video, there's no basis for investigating the issue further.

"There were no rules in place at the time to govern this sort of action, so while I believe it was an inappropriate step to take, I see little foundation for pressing forward with a formal investigation," he said.

The only forward-looking step the department is taking is to put rules in place to make it harder to alter videos in the future.

"To my surprise, the Bureau of Public Affairs did not have in place any rules governing this type of action," Kirby said. "Therefore, we are taking immediate steps to craft appropriate protocols on this issue, as we believe that deliberately removing a portion of the video was not and is not in keeping with the State Department's commitment to transparency and public accountability."

have any of you ever had run-ins with local pseudogovernment, like a condo association board? i'm so mad right now i could puke. the blind leading the blind and the ones who can see are not being heard. i guess the blind are deaf as well?

this isn't some petty dispute over illegal flower pots on the porch or something.. this is the two attorneys in the association, but not on the board (my wife being one of them) having no confidence in the attorneys the board has hired to fight a huge lawsuit on our behalf against our corporate overlords, and the board refusing to listen. oh, and also asking for a $3500 assessment per unit to pay for the idiots. even as a lay person (non-lawyer), i could read from their motion that they're morons. oh, and the vote on whether this assessment is fair is going to probably be determined by proxy before our meeting to discuss it even starts on monday.

have any of you ever had run-ins with local pseudogovernment, like a condo association board? i'm so mad right now i could puke. the blind leading the blind and the ones who can see are not being heard. i guess the blind are deaf as well?

this isn't some petty dispute over illegal flower pots on the porch or something.. this is the two attorneys in the association, but not on the board (my wife being one of them) having no confidence in the attorneys the board has hired to fight a huge lawsuit on our behalf against our corporate overlords, and the board refusing to listen. oh, and also asking for a $3500 assessment per unit to pay for the idiots. even as a lay person (non-lawyer), i could read from their motion that they're morons. oh, and the vote on whether this assessment is fair is going to probably be determined by proxy before our meeting to discuss it even starts on monday.

Yes, I do have some experience in this matter. The best thing you can do is obtain a majority on the board.

Look very carefully in your CC&Rs.

I would love to be on the jury for this one:

A New York City man could be facing a manslaughter charge for defending his wife against a would-be rapist.

Mamadou Diallo received a frantic call from his wife.

A man identified as Earl Nash forced his way into the Diallos' apartment, according to the brave husband. The intruder took off his pants and attacked Mrs. Diallo, tearing off her clothes and telling her she was about to be raped, according to reports.

Mr. Diallo told police he found his naked wife in the hallway -- and saw that Mr. Nash was trying to escape.

So he grabbed a tire iron and made sure that Mr. Nash would never harm another woman again. Authorities say Nash died from severe head and body trauma.

Police tell the New York Daily News the would-be rapist had 19 prior arrests -- 19.

In 2003 he pleaded guilty to stabbing, beating and sexually abusing a 17 year old girl.

But instead of thanking Mr. Diallo for taking a predator off the streets - the police put him in handcuffs.

He's now charged with assault - and could face a manslaughter rap.

A cheering crowd of friends and neighbors gathered outside Bronx Criminal Court after a judge freed him on his own recognizance.

Neighbors are calling Mr. Diallo a good man - an upstanding citizen - who did what any husband would do.

I hope the district attorney comes to his senses and drops all the charges. This man did the community a public service.

Mr. Diallo should be hailed as a hero -- not a criminal.

This is the classic scenario always talked about in legal circles.   If you kill an intruder outside your front door, drag him back into your house so you're legally a-ok for the defense killing.   On your property, it's self-defense - out in the hallway or lobby, it's murder. 

This is the classic scenario always talked about in legal circles.   If you kill an intruder outside your front door, drag him back into your house so you're legally a-ok for the defense killing.   On your property, it's self-defense - out in the hallway or lobby, it's murder. 

A man dies.  No independent witnesses. They do need to do some level of investigation. 

In addition, the comment "According to reports" doesn't necessarily convey facts.

If the facts are in fact consistent with the story, than no doubt there will be no charges and he will be hailed as a hero.

No possible conflict of interest here.

United States District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel, the man presiding over the class-action lawsuit against Trump University, is a member of the La Raza Lawyers of San Diego and oversaw the gift of a law school scholarship to an illegal alien.

In his 2011 judicial questionnaire to become a federal judge, Curiel revealed his history with La Raza. GotNews.com originally reported this Tuesday, and The Daily Caller has independently verified. Curiel lists “La Raza Lawyers of San Diego” as a legal association he has been a part or is a part of on the questionnaire. Curiel’s office at the United States District Court for the Southern District of California confirmed to TheDC the judge’s membership in the group.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/01/judge-presiding-over-trump-university-case-is-member-of-la-raza-lawyers-group/#ixzz4ANb58hzV

Ah yes HOAs. Little people appointing themselves lord and judge over people just because they can.

The proliferation of these is just one more small sign the country is doomed.

A man dies. No independent witnesses. They do need to do some level of investigation.

In addition, the comment "According to reports" doesn't necessarily convey facts.

If the facts are in fact consistent with the story, than no doubt there will be no charges and he will be hailed as a hero.

No doubt.

Unless they find out the shooter is half white, then it's lynching time.

Ah yes HOAs. Little people appointing themselves lord and judge over people just because they can.

The proliferation of these is just one more small sign the country is doomed.

the attorneys they've hired used the phrase "building reparations" instead of "building repairs" in their filed motion. you don't have to be a lawyer to know these guys are hacks.

The most transparent administration......

The man who set up Hillary Clinton’s private email server will assert his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination and refuse to answer questions over an open records lawsuit, according to court documents obtained Wednesday by Fox News.

Bryan Pagliano declined to answer questions from watchdog group Judicial Watch during his deposition scheduled for Monday, according to his lawyers.

Clearly this man was framed by racist cops
:

The video tells you everything you needed to know. I would have voted for attempted murder here.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/01/jury-convicts-man-in-2013-nanny-cam-new-jersey-home-invasion-beating.html

NEWARK, N.J. –  A jury acquitted a Newark man Wednesday of attempted murder for a brutal 2013 home invasion caught on a home security video, but convicted him of aggravated assault and other charges.

The lawyer for Shawn Custis, who is black, argued during the trial that a responding police officer's racist remarks, also captured on the video, had tainted the investigation.

Because of a prior criminal record, Custis, 45, could face up to life in prison for his convictions on aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child, robbery, burglary, criminal restraint and theft.

The specter of potential police bias hung over the case after it was revealed that Millburn Police Det. Collin McMillan made the remarks after arriving at the scene.

McMillan testified he didn't question Custis and didn't collect evidence, though he was present at the man's arrest and filed evidence collected by other investigators.

The video shows a burly man pushing his way into a suburban home where a mother and her 3-year-old daughter are watching television. He then punches and kicks the woman for several minutes, at one point throwing her down a flight of stairs.

A jury of nine blacks and three whites deliberated for parts of two days before reaching the verdict Wednesday afternoon.

Prosecutors showed the video to jurors at the beginning of the trial; when Assistant Essex County Prosecutor Jamel Semper showed it again later in the trial, two female jurors held their hands over their eyes.

Custis' attorney, John McMahon, argued his client was framed by racist cops. Prosecutors contended that bias didn't play a part and that they were led to Custis by several people who identified him after seeing the video on television.

Custis was arrested about a week after the crime in New York City, after police say they received calls from several women saying they recognized him. Prosecutors also presented evidence that blood on jeans found in his apartment came from the victim, who testified but whose name has not been released.

McMahon argued that the investigation was tainted by racial animus and that police ignored evidence that could have pointed to other suspects. He also said the video quality wasn't good enough for a positive identification of Custis.

Also if you happen to carry a baseball bat in your vehicle for self defense, always have a baseball glove in there as well.  Helps to show that you weren't carrying the bat solely to bash someone's head with it. :P

Yes, I do have some experience in this matter. The best thing you can do is obtain a majority on the board.

Look very carefully in your CC&Rs.

THIS!

HOA's are a pain in the ass.  The one where I live is ridiculously corrupt.  Our board keeps voting to hire gardeners or contractors who just coincidentally are related to or good friends with board members.  The landscapers are the biggest ripoff.  They continually plant and remove flowers throughout the community.  They literally remove flowers they planted 2 months ago and replant them.  We have also had the streets repaved twice in the 8 years we have lived out there.

the attorneys they've hired used the phrase "building reparations" instead of "building repairs" in their filed motion. you don't have to be a lawyer to know these guys are hacks.

Did they hire this guy?

b2yNtH0_zpstnfr0fxn.gif

The most transparent administration......

The man who set up Hillary Clinton’s private email server will assert his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination and refuse to answer questions over an open records lawsuit, according to court documents obtained Wednesday by Fox News.

Bryan Pagliano declined to answer questions from watchdog group Judicial Watch during his deposition scheduled for Monday, according to his lawyers.

This is on top of Clinton refusing to talk with the Inspector General's investigators after repeatedly stating she would cooperate with any investigation.

Also I don't see how this guy can assert his Fifth Amendment rights when the Justice Department has already granted him immunity.  Wouldn't be surprised to see this issue end up before a Judge.

This is on top of Clinton refusing to talk with the Inspector General's investigators after repeatedly stating she would cooperate with any investigation.

Also I don't see how this guy can assert his Fifth Amendment rights when the Justice Department has already granted him immunity.  Wouldn't be surprised to see this issue end up before a Judge.

I wonder why he will not answer the questions..........I know we all have a 5th amendment right but that is to protect against self incrimination.

From wiki:

The Fifth Amendment (Amendment V) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights and protects a person from being compelled to be a witness against himself in a criminal case. "Pleading the Fifth" is a colloquial term for invoking the privilege that allows a witness to decline to answer questions where the answers might incriminate him, and generally without having to suffer a penalty for asserting the privilege. A defendant cannot be compelled to become a witness at his own trial. If, however, he should choose to testify, he is not entitled to the privilege, and inferences can be drawn from a refusal to answer a question during cross-examination. The Amendment requires that felonies be tried only upon indictment by a grand jury. Federal grand juries can force people to take the witness stand, but defendants in those proceedings have Fifth Amendment privileges until they choose to answer any question. To claim the privilege for failure to answer when being interviewed by police, the interviewee must have explicitly invoked their constitutional right when declining to answer questions.

The Amendment's Double Jeopardy Clause provides the right to be tried only once in federal court for the same offense. The Amendment also has a Due Process Clause (similar to the one in the 14th Amendment) as well as an implied equal protection requirement (Bolling v. Sharpe). Finally, the Amendment requires that the power of eminent domain be coupled with "just compensation" for those whose property is taken.

So, Chicago is trying to do something:

CHICAGO — In this city’s urgent push to rein in gun and gang violence, the Police Department is keeping a list. Derived from a computer algorithm that assigns scores based on arrests, shootings, affiliations with gang members and other variables, the list aims to predict who is most likely to be shot soon or to shoot someone. Shaquon Thomas was on it.

His first arrest came at age 13, and others quickly followed, his face maturing in a progression of mug shots. By 18, Mr. Thomas, who was known as the rapper Young Pappy, had been wounded in a shooting, the police said. Then, last May, Mr. Thomas, 19, was fatally shot in what the police said was a running gang feud. His score was more than 500, putting him near the top of the Chicago Police Department’s list.

“We know we have a lot of violence in Chicago, but we also know there’s a small segment that’s driving this stuff,” Eddie Johnson, the police superintendent, said in a recent interview.

But then we learn, naturally, that computers are racist:

However, activists and advocates of civil liberties are not convinced.

Karen Sheley, the director of the Police Practices Project of the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois, has pointed out that these innocent people are being flagged based on criteria that haven’t even been publicly established.

“We’re concerned about this. There’s a database of citizens built on unknown factors, and there’s no way for people to challenge being on the list. How do you get on the list in the first place? We think it’s dangerous to single out somebody based on secret police information,” Sheley said.

The current program is said to only target individuals who seem to show a high risk of being involved in a shooting. However, it is also important to point out that most laws, especially the bad ones, aren’t even focused on primary violations of life or property, but are instead focused on secondary actions that are seen as causal factors for these violations.

wife has opened up a proxy fight with the board. getting entertaining.

update: board president has DELETED my wife's post asking people to vote against what the board is asking for.

update: board president has DELETED my wife's post asking people to vote against what the board is asking for.

So now they don't want to do the reparations?

Get the popcorn ready.....

What do the CC&Rs say about deleting things like this?  Can always hand out flyers if she is that motivated to do something about it.