SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Fan Territory

Who knows more about hockey, Craig Button or LordNelson?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 reversethecurse2020

reversethecurse2020

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

"I have no problem with Patrick Marleau, he can play on my team of the week, I mean 30 goal scorer's that skate, low maintenance, I mean where do you find guys like this? When you get to the playoffs, playoffs are very tight. You heard Doug Wilson talk about the margin for error, it's so, so thin. To me, Patrick Marleau is part of this group. I love what Doug Wilson said -- we look at the problems not at the people, so when you're looking at the problems it's about trying to get more support around them. It's not about one, two, three players, it's about a group. The L.A. Kings just proved that. Patrick Marleau, on my team, any day."

Interesante!

#2 Nola

Nola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Lord Nelson has gone the way of Cactus Jack, we only have Eddie Joyal now (Dude Love)

#3 Pimpzilla

Pimpzilla

taatooteetoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,862 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

View Postreversethecurse2020, on 18 June 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

"I have no problem with Patrick Marleau, he can play on my team of the week, I mean 30 goal scorer's that skate, low maintenance, I mean where do you find guys like this? When you get to the playoffs, playoffs are very tight. You heard Doug Wilson talk about the margin for error, it's so, so thin. To me, Patrick Marleau is part of this group. I love what Doug Wilson said -- we look at the problems not at the people, so when you're looking at the problems it's about trying to get more support around them. It's not about one, two, three players, it's about a group. The L.A. Kings just proved that. Patrick Marleau, on my team, any day."

Says the guy who deemed St Louis unfit for NHL and currently thinks the Sharks have the best top 4 D in the league.
yea. :)

#4 Nola

Nola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostPimpzilla, on 18 June 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Says the guy who deemed St Louis unfit for NHL and currently thinks the Sharks have the best top 4 D in the league.
yea. :)

If you think highly of Stuart, it's not a crazy thought.

#5 Pimpzilla

Pimpzilla

taatooteetoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,862 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostNola, on 18 June 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

If you think highly of Stuart, it's not a crazy thought.
but still .. the best top 4?

#6 reversethecurse2020

reversethecurse2020

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostPimpzilla, on 18 June 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

but still .. the best top 4?

Whose top four would you rank as superior?

#7 Nola

Nola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postreversethecurse2020, on 18 June 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

For me, I'd say Pittsburgh for sure. Depending on where Suter ends up, where he goes could be the best. Certainly Buffalo's has to be up there. Chicago (because how good their top 2 guys are). Maybe Vancouver.

#8 MarbleMadness

MarbleMadness

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 40,927 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostNola, on 18 June 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

For me, I'd say Pittsburgh for sure. Depending on where Suter ends up, where he goes could be the best. Certainly Buffalo's has to be up there. Chicago (because how good their top 2 guys are). Maybe Vancouver.

Who took over the ginger step child's spot in Chi town?

excuse the complete ignorance.
10/1/09 9:43 PM-From this moment on I call for Doug Wilson to be **** canned.
"Go Niners!" - Fugazi
"Does he have anything left in that stick and that wonderful set of hands?" -Randy Hahn
Nabby: I was like whoa, Dougie's coming really hard!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Nola

Nola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostMarbleMadness, on 18 June 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Essentially, after the deadline, Oduya.

#10 Pimpzilla

Pimpzilla

taatooteetoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,862 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

View Postreversethecurse2020, on 18 June 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

well hard to tell right now .. changes are coming for all teams so I'll answer that around september ..but if the best top 4 in the league  are an aging Boyler, an aging Stuart along with an inconsistent Burns and an all around above average Vlasic..  then I would say the league has some issues :)

#11 MarbleMadness

MarbleMadness

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 40,927 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostNola, on 18 June 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Essentially, after the deadline, Oduya.

okay, solid replacement.
"Go Niners!" - Fugazi
"Does he have anything left in that stick and that wonderful set of hands?" -Randy Hahn

#12 Archibald_Cunningham

Archibald_Cunningham

CCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostMarbleMadness, on 18 June 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Leddy.

#13 Nola

Nola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostArchibald_Cunningham, on 18 June 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Leddy.

I guess it's splitting hairs but I would say Leddy bumped Hjalmarsson down.

#14 MarbleMadness

MarbleMadness

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 40,927 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostNola, on 18 June 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

I guess it's splitting hairs but I would say Leddy bumped Hjalmarsson down.

either way, that is solid depth, and until I see what Boyle is doing this season it's hard to say we're that great.
"Go Niners!" - Fugazi

#15 sub_zero94

sub_zero94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,423 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostPimpzilla, on 18 June 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

well hard to tell right now .. changes are coming for all teams so I'll answer that around september ..but if the best top 4 in the league  are an aging Boyler, an aging Stuart along with an inconsistent Burns and an all around above average Vlasic..  then I would say the league has some issues :)
as long as you didnt mention dumptruck #3 in that top 4, it's sweet music to my ears
Posted Image

#16 sub_zero94

sub_zero94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,423 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

how can we get Mr. Yamaguchi to come coach this D unit?  he's gotta be better then Beavis and Butthead
Posted Image

#17 peterborough-pete

peterborough-pete

King of the Cycle Breakers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

The absolute best part of that entire show was Dougie talking about how the billie goat gruff got hit in the head twice in a 3 week period and that had an effect on the playoff result...the only team in the history of hockey that has talked about an upper body injury to the coach derailing the playoff run. He wasn't thinking clearly. I was hoping it would have knocked some sense into the PK...This franchise is really priceless, you can't buy this kind of entertainment. I Love You Dougie!

On another note, I thought Buttons and his hair full of birds was going to do a swivel chair and KO Loubardias on several occasions.

Just off the top of my head, I would take LA, Rangers, Hawks and Blues top 4 over the Teal Warriors. And depending on where Suter ends up, the Preds. If the Jets keep their top 3 together and add a solid second pairing guy via FA or trade, they also have an interesting group. Postma is ready for prime time yet but he should be a solid second pairing guy who can pull the trigger on the PP in another year or two.

#18 Pimpzilla

Pimpzilla

taatooteetoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,862 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

View Postpeterborough-pete, on 19 June 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

The absolute best part of that entire show was Dougie talking about how the billie goat gruff got hit in the head twice in a 3 week period and that had an effect on the playoff result...the only team in the history of hockey that has talked about an upper body injury to the coach derailing the playoff run. He wasn't thinking clearly. I was hoping it would have knocked some sense into the PK...This franchise is really priceless, you can't buy this kind of entertainment. I Love You Dougie!

On another note, I thought Buttons and his hair full of birds was going to do a swivel chair and KO Loubardias on several occasions.

Just off the top of my head, I would take LA, Rangers, Hawks and Blues top 4 over the Teal Warriors. And depending on where Suter ends up, the Preds. If the Jets keep their top 3 together and add a solid second pairing guy via FA or trade, they also have an interesting group. Postma is ready for prime time yet but he should be a solid second pairing guy who can pull the trigger on the PP in another year or two.
No Boston? Chara is no spring chicken but he's worth about as much as a Boyler and two thirds of a pickle for another couple of years .. no? And between McQuaid , Seidenberg and Boychuk they do not score that much but they are pretty steady back there and at the middle.

#19 John96

John96

John

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

I would go with the New York Rangers for having a better top four defense.  Maybe it's not as dynamic as some others but Marc Staal, Daniel Girardi, Michael Del Zotto, and Ryan McDonagh are pretty solid group.  They didn't play together as much as in year's past, but Staal and Girardi were a pretty effective shutdown pair.
If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

#20 John96

John96

John

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

I would never say the San Jose Sharks have the best top four defense but if Justin Braun can become a top four defenseman, which may be asking too much too soon, it'd be pretty good having your fifth and sixth guys be Jason Demers and Brad Stuart.

Another year to acclimate to a new team should help Brent Burns' game too.  He'll always be a high risk kind of guy but talent like his doesn't come around often.
If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

Image Map