The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nola

Off Season Trades and Free Agent SIgnings

Another exciting day on the fa watch.

They're getting into the cream of the crop now... :blink:

How did I miss this:

VANCOUVER -- The Vancouver Canucks have added some depth to their defence, signing Derek Joslin and Patrick Mullen on Thursday.

Joslin, 27, split last season between the Carolina Hurricanes and Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League.

He appeared in 44 games with the Hurricanes, collecting four points and 35 penalty minutes. He added three assists in four games with Charlotte.

The Richmond Hill, Ont., native has recorded 16 NHL points (four goals, 12 assists) in 114 career games. He was originally selected by the San Jose Sharks 149th overall in the fifth round of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

Mullen, 26, collected 20 points (three goals, 17 assists) in 67 games with the AHL's Manchester Monarchs last season. The Pittsburgh native also appeared in seven playoff games, recording one point and four penalty minutes.

So, have we migrated back to this thread with trade updates?

@RenLavoieRDS: "Dallas Stars Sign 2012 First-Round Pick Radek Faksa To Three-Year Entry-Level Contract. He got the max for a rookie."

The Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday signed restricted free agent goaltender Anders Lindback to a two-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not released.

Lindback, along with forward Kyle Wilson and a draft pick, was acquired by the Lightning from the Nashville Predators last month in exchange for goaltender Sebastien Caron and three draft picks.

The 24-year-old goaltender went 5-8-0 with a 2.42 goals-against average and .912 save percentage in 16 games with the Predators last season, his first full season in the NHL.

Lindback is expected to compete with Mathieu Garon for the No. 1 job with the Lightning.

"We believe Anders will join the team and give us a nice lift at the goaltending position as we prepare for the 2012-13 season," Lightning GM Steve Yzerman said when he made the trade. "He has the potential to develop into the No. 1 goaltender we covet."

Idiot:

“I had a great six years in Vancouver. I think it’s a wonderful city, I really enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to bring a Stanley Cup there, which was probably my biggest regret. But it will be remembered for six great years.”

-Roberto Luongo, still with the Vancouver Canucks.

The Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday signed restricted free agent goaltender Anders Lindback to a two-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not released.

Lindback, along with forward Kyle Wilson and a draft pick, was acquired by the Lightning from the Nashville Predators last month in exchange for goaltender Sebastien Caron and three draft picks.

The 24-year-old goaltender went 5-8-0 with a 2.42 goals-against average and .912 save percentage in 16 games with the Predators last season, his first full season in the NHL.

Lindback is expected to compete with Mathieu Garon for the No. 1 job with the Lightning.

"We believe Anders will join the team and give us a nice lift at the goaltending position as we prepare for the 2012-13 season," Lightning GM Steve Yzerman said when he made the trade. "He has the potential to develop into the No. 1 goaltender we covet."

via Damian Cristodero tweet,

Lindback’s Lightning contract pays $1.4 million next season and $2.2 million in 2013-14.

:huh::unsure:

According to the Detroit News’s Ted Kulfan, Tomas Holmstrom’s career with the Red Wings may informally come to an end when he meets with Ken Holland next week:

Holland plans on talking with Tomas Holmstrom next week to determine if there is a place on the roster for the 39-year-old forward.

With the recent additions of Mikael Samuelsson and Jordin Tootoo , the Red Wings are overflowing with forwards.

Holmstrom said he was interested in returning to play another season, but said his health would be a factor also in the decision.

Would be interesting to know if he made that statement before or after Lidstrom retired. I saw the NHL36 with Lidstrom and he and Holmstrom are very tight. Holmstrom picked him up at his house before every home game and they at at the same place before every home game.

@210Darryl: "Despite no official word from the #SJSharks I can confirm the Matsumoto & McCarthy signings. I'm still working on the Taylor Nelson signing."

Matsumoto? The ****?

AHL Mercenary. They need him. They were 29th or 30th this year in AHL scoring with no real AHL vets. He's good for an emergency callup, but that's about it. McCarthy is like the Joe Pavelski of the AHL. He can play 1st thru 3rd lines well.

TJ Galiardi ‏@TJGaliardi

Very happy to be back with the sharks next year, looking forward to a great season with the boys! #redemption

Wondering if this means that he has signed a deal to avoid arbitration with the Sharks.

@TJGaliardi: "Very happy to be back with the sharks next year.."

why it that whenever I go to post something, I check to make sure it hasn't already been posted and even when it's not there yet it shows up as already posted, after I post it again. :/

Oh, now I see this was a page jump.

Tom Kostopoulos is a name I wouldn't be shocked if the Sharks look into as a 4th liner (if they choose to add another one). Physical, defensively responsible, used on PK. Kind of fits that character/mold of the Burish signing. While he is right handed, he can play either wing.

Tom Kostopoulos is a name I wouldn't be shocked if the Sharks look into as a 4th liner (if they choose to add another one). Physical, defensively responsible, used on PK. Kind of fits that character/mold of the Burish signing. While he is right handed, he can play either wing.

Brad Stuart's best friend

TJ Galiardi ‏@TJGaliardi

Very happy to be back with the sharks next year, looking forward to a great season with the boys! #redemption

Wondering if this means that he has signed a deal to avoid arbitration with the Sharks.

If the Sharks signed him I hope they play him instead of jerking the guy around. The kids got talent, use it damnit