The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nola

Off Season Trades and Free Agent SIgnings

No problem. The usual rumor about moving Marleau never gets old

I was surprised by that article. Makes me think a little less of TFP. I guess they usually ignore the Sharks so I never paid much attn to them.

Here's a link to the article for those who haven't seen it. I think it sounds pretty thin:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/sjs120630.html

For a guy who was getting 7mins or so in the playoffs. They lost their marbles. At 7min, they should be talking ~$1mil/year.

Someone pointed out that if they're in such a hurry to spend money, why not throw it at Weber or Suter? Are those guys really in such a hurry to get out of there?

Someone pointed out that if they're in such a hurry to spend money, why not throw it at Weber or Suter? Are those guys really in such a hurry to get out of there?

chick...yoy need to hook up with me

of you want a man that cabbteach you about both sex and hockey you only have one one choice.... Da pimp

via Kerry McGovern tweet,

NHL Network US will simulcast TSN’s “Free Agent Frenzy” Sunday 12 ET-3pm ET, featuring interviews w/ players/coaches/GMs & analysis of the day’s events

Then at 5:00pm ET, a special edition of NHL Tonight.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have agreed to terms with right wing Jared Boll on a two-year, $2.1 million contract.

The club said that Boll will earn $950,000 in 2012-13 and $1.15 million in 2013-14.

The 26-year-old Boll had two goals and one assist with 126 penalty minutes in 54 games with the Blue Jackets in 2011-12. He ranked second on the club and 15th in the NHL in penalty minutes. The year before he had a career-high seven goals and five assists with 182 penalty minutes in 73 games.

Columbus also signed defenceman Nick Holden to a one-year, two-way contract. It will pay him $550,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level. He played five games with the Blue Jackets last season.

via Kerry McGovern tweet,

NHL Network US will simulcast TSN’s “Free Agent Frenzy” Sunday 12 ET-3pm ET, featuring interviews w/ players/coaches/GMs & analysis of the day’s events

Then at 5:00pm ET, a special edition of NHL Tonight.

My day tomorrow is going to be a drunken mess of sports. Can't wait.

My day tomorrow is going to be a drunken mess of sports. Can't wait.

I made a Grocery-Liquor store run today to get the refer primed for tomorrows festivities.. :lol:

I made a Grocery-Liquor store run today to get the refer primed for tomorrows festivities.. :lol:

I told my mom to get peroni, for the italians, and didn't think she'd come through. I return from SC with 12 beers, see she has a 12 in the fridge.

Locked and loaded over here.

For a franchise that is typically very prudent in it its spending, this is a really stupid move.

Absolutely.

Who are you getting back for Eberle that even approaches his value? He is on his way to being one of the top five (maybe top three) right wings in the NHL. Moving him would be foolish.

They can use Hemsky, or MSP to after top four D if they so desire.

Come on let's be real here, Hemsky or msp is not going to get you a top pairing defenseman. Just saying someone like Eberle, Yakupov, or Hall could potentially net a top pairing dman that the oilers do not have.

via Jim Rutherford tweet,

I’m very pleased we’ll be announcing shortly that Jordan Staal has committed to make his home in Carolina for a long time.

via Bob McKenzie tweet,

Jordan Staal agrees to terms with CAR. 10 years, $60M. Done

I'm really hoping for the Shark's sake Parise doesn't end up in LA.

Eklund seemed to all but guarantee him there about a month ago so that's good news at least, since it means he's a long-shot to go there.

Scott Clemmensen - 2 years, 1.2 million "range" (according to Brad May) - Florida (Re-Sign)

Ryan Smyth - 2 years, 4.5 million - Oilers (Re-Sign)

Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

Lightning signed Benoit Pouliot. 1 year / 1.8 Million

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Brett Sutter 550K/105 with a guarantee of 150K with Carolina Hurricanes. #TSN

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Meech deal with Jets: $700,000 NHL/$105,000 AHL (one year, two-way deal)

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland

told David Moss signs two-year deal to return to Calgary #Flames