The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nola

Off Season Trades and Free Agent SIgnings

Sports Bigamist!

Okay, okay...I'll stop being a Sharks fan.

I know about the Oil's D. Been complaining about it for the last two years & was almost wanting them to take a D on the draft, but that's dumb with the first overall pick.

If you thought it was so overhyped, why would you even comment on it?

I hate complaints like this.

It would have at least been more interesting if he had done something surprising like sign with Dallas.

Wow, the mistakes just keep piling up. This from the initial announcement about who got QOs and who didn't:

@PollakOnSharks: "#Sjsharks give QOs to Galiardi, Shepard, Stalock, Petrecki, McLaren, Mashinter, Pelech, Kennedy and Irwin."

How are we supposed to keep things straight with this kind of information being released? I don't blame Pollak since capgeek numbers were not up when he tweeted that, and the Sharks had Irwin on the QO list.

OH MY GOD. YOU ARE STUPID.

He was offered a QO but signed a different deal with a lower NHL cap hit than his QO but, as Easy noted, likely a higher AHL salary.

How do you not get that?!

added 4:08pm, via Mark Spector tweet,

Schultz will sign 2-year deal for $925,000 per, with a signing bonus of $92,500. Bonuses $2.85 million, for an overall cap hit of $3.775.

OH MY GOD. YOU ARE STUPID.

He was offered a QO but signed a different deal with a lower NHL cap hit than his QO but, as Easy noted, likely a higher AHL salary.

How do you not get that?!

I do get it. I'm questioning why he wasn't listed differently, as having signed a contract extension, like Wingels, Desi and Braun, instead of just put on the QO list? He may not be of so much interest to SJ fans but that's no reason to be imprecise about the release of the info.The Sharks didn't even announce that Irwin had signed this contract, capgeek did, which I think is strange.

Wow, the mistakes just keep piling up. This from the initial announcement about who got QOs and who didn't:

@PollakOnSharks: "#Sjsharks give QOs to Galiardi, Shepard, Stalock, Petrecki, McLaren, Mashinter, Pelech, Kennedy and Irwin."

How are we supposed to keep things straight with this kind of information being released? I don't blame Pollak since capgeek numbers were not up when he tweeted that, and the Sharks had Irwin on the QO list.

It doesn't mean he wasn't GIVEN a QO. It means he didn't sign it, and negotiated a different contract.

I do get it. I'm questioning why he wasn't listed differently, as having signed a contract extension, like Wingels, Desi and Braun, instead of just put on the QO list? He may not be of so much interest to SJ fans but that's no reason to be imprecise about the release of the info.

Oh My God.

It doesn't mean he wasn't GIVEN a QO. It means he didn't sign it, and negotiated a different contract.

Simple addition to my above statement. I am pretty sure that between July 1 and July 15 that extensions are no longer possible. From what I recall, the guys who get cuts have to wait past July 15 to get their new contracts after the QO is expired. Just a little to add to the drama. Instead of wondering what they are doing waiting, we should figure that they are bargaining along the lines of cuts and potential NHL ice time when some lower echelon players are in delay mode. IIRC, it was the case with Goc and Kaspar at least once.

MONTREAL – Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced Saturday the signing of defenseman Alexei Emelin to a two-year contract (2012-13 and 2013-14). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

The 6’2’’, 219 lbs defenseman completed his first season with the Canadiens in the NHL in 2011-12. Emelin, 26, recorded seven points (3 goals, 4 assists) in 67 games, tallying one of his goals on the penalty kill. He added 62 shots on goal and served 30 penalty minutes, and averaged 17:17 of ice time per game. Emelin led the Canadiens with 236 hits, ranking first among NHL rookie defensemen and fourth among league defensemen. He blocked 88 shots, finishing sixth among rookie defensemen in the NHL.

I think it's the future. The Oil have a great young core & Dubnyk is good. If these kids grow together they will be a real good team.

Is Dubynk really that good? I can't see Edm being in the top 10 in the western conference until they get a true top pairing defense and a legitimate goaltender. I'm not so sure about their bottom six forward group. I would think their best interests would be to ship out someone like Eberle to get help on that back end. Unless Dubynk can show he can win 35+ games I will still have my doubts about Edm.

Is Dubynk really that good? I can't see Edm being in the top 10 in the western conference until they get a true top pairing defense and a legitimate goaltender. I'm not so sure about their bottom six forward group. I would think their best interests would be to ship out someone like Eberle to get help on that back end. Unless Dubynk can show he can win 35+ games I will still have my doubts about Edm.

Who are you getting back for Eberle that even approaches his value? He is on his way to being one of the top five (maybe top three) right wings in the NHL. Moving him would be foolish.

They can use Hemsky, or MSP to after top four D if they so desire.

I am no goalie expert, but I think he's decent. Besides the fact that he's huge. After he took over from Khabibulin, I wasn't nervous when he was in net. I definitely wouldn't trade Eberle, that kid knows how to show up in big games. They will need him come April. :)

Defense has been their issue, I've said it for a while. I had really wished Nail was a defenseman. But hopefully this Shultz kid will help.

I am no goalie expert, but I think he's decent. Besides the fact that he's huge. After he took over from Khabibulin, I wasn't nervous when he was in net. I definitely wouldn't trade Eberle, that kid knows how to show up in big games. They will need him come April. :)

Defense has been their issue, I've said it for a while. I had really wished Nail was a defenseman. But hopefully this Shultz kid will help.

I don't like Dumbo much. And I am so going to laugh my arse off when the oil are not going to do much .

I don't like Dumbo much. And I am so going to laugh my arse off when the oil are not going to do much .

Why will you laugh at the Oilers? I think most think they are still a few years away...

Ok i hope this isn't true but apparently sharks may ship off patty marleau!? I think this is a huge mistake but there are a few posts " sharks itching to deal marleau" Canucks forums and fourthperiod.com or somethin i googled it no one else has anything written. Anyways i hope this is not true!

JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper

#preds and Gaustad agree to 4-year $13 million deal

Retweeted by Rob Rossi

Why will you laugh at the Oilers? I think most think they are still a few years away...

and a few years from now a number of them will look to get out of that Canadian Siberia.

Ok i hope this isn't true but apparently sharks may ship off patty marleau!? I think this is a huge mistake but there are a few posts " sharks itching to deal marleau" Canucks forums and fourthperiod.com or somethin i googled it no one else has anything written. Anyways i hope this is not true!

Marleau has a NMC, he ain't moving anywhere..

Unless he waives it so i guess this isnt true:) thanks for clearin that up fugazi.

No problem. The usual rumor about moving Marleau never gets old

For a franchise that is typically very prudent in it its spending, this is a really stupid move.

For a guy who was getting 7mins or so in the playoffs. They lost their marbles. At 7min, they should be talking ~$1mil/year.