The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nola

Off Season Trades and Free Agent SIgnings

May be tough for the Kings to match. There's the risk he tanks in that year and they're stuck with him making 3+ million for 4-5 years with no way to get rid of him and Quick with a 5.8 million cap hit.

If I was Chicago, I'd throw an offer-sheet his way if I can't get him for just a 1st rounder from LA.

Bernier looked worse than Crawford in the first half last year. I haven't been impressed with Bernier. If the Hawks want to plunder quality backups, I would take a run at Enroth out of Buffalo.

@drosennhl: "Brian Lee re-signs with TB, promising blue-liner Nikita Nikitin re-signs with CBJ, Guy Latendresse leaving Wild." http://t.co/iKKIPSpy

COLUMBUS, OHIO – The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed defenseman Nikita Nikitin to a two-year, $4.3 million contract, club Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Scott Howson announced today. Nikitin will earn $1.8 million in 2012-13 and $2.5 million in 2013-14.

Nikitin, 26, registered seven goals and 25 assists for 32 points with 18 penalty minutes in 61 games with the Blue Jackets and St. Louis Blues in 2011-12, including 7-25-32 and 14 penalty minutes in 54 games after being acquired by Columbus from St. Louis in exchange for Kris Russell on November 11, 2011. He ranked second among club defensemen in goals, assists and points, was second overall with three game-winning goals and fourth in average time on ice (23:11), setting career highs in each of those categories.

“We were very pleased with the way Nikita played after joining us last season as he became a significant contributor on our blue line,” said Howson. “He made tremendous strides this year and will continue to be an important part of what we believe is a very good group of defensemen.”

IF I see one more article about "Schultz Sweepstakes" I am going to hurl.

Go burry yourself with the oilers where you can have a nice honeymoon for a couple of years and then when you realize what a ***** life is get outta town.

mmmkaay not all bloggers who circlejerk around the kid : die.

Go burry yourself with the oilers where you can have a nice honeymoon for a couple of years and then when you realize what a ***** life is get outta town.

I think the hype on this kid is way overblown. He'll bust if he thinks he can raise Edmonton to it former glory days.

And whats the deal only talking to Canadian teams? Me thinks he needs to be near his Momma so she'll help him when he doesn't pan out.

Rant over

@TheFourthPeriod: "Calgary re-signs D Cory Sarich to a 2-year, $4M contract."

@TGfireandice: "Report: Brodeur to test UFA market: According to a report by TSN’s Darren Dreger, Martin Brodeur has hired agent... "

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/report_brodeur_to_test_ufa_market/

@NYP_Brooksie: "Believe it's first time Brodeur has had agent since firing Gilles Lupien after fiasco at start of 95-96 when he walked in and did own deal."

Remember when SJ won the Cam McIntyre sweepstakes? He didn't even get qualified this season.

via Bob McKenzie tweet,

COL agrees to terms with Steve Downie on 2 year deal, $2.55M in first year and $2.75M in second. $2.65M AAV.

Sorry if this was already posted, but Marty Brodeur got an agent and is testing the market Sunday?!? WTF is Lou doing?

Abandon ship in progress

Sorry if this was already posted, but Marty Brodeur got an agent and is testing the market Sunday?!? WTF is Lou doing?

I don't know if this was mentioned in the draft or another thread, but it was also strange that Lou didn't forfeit this year's draft pick (29th). They are required to either forfeit this year's or next years pick because of the Kovy contract debacle. This year's draft was thought to be weak and they had a late pick. I heard they wanted Subban.

@TGfireandice: "Devils announce in news release re-signings of Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta, Steve Bernier, Cam Janssen and Peter Harrold."

I read Jersey is having financial troubles, but to let arguably the greatest goalie of all time walk after all this time...so sad. It's similar to Modano. He should have retired a Star.

And I also know Marty has a role in this. He just doesn't seem like an unreasonable guy which is why I say...WTF Lou?!?

we'll take him!

I read Jersey is having financial troubles, but to let arguably the greatest goalie of all time walk after all this time...so sad. It's similar to Modano. He should have retired a Star.

And I also know Marty has a role in this. He just doesn't seem like an unreasonable guy which is why I say...WTF Lou?!?

From smattering of info on Twitter, it is the financial troubles. I gather that Devils simply can't make a lot of large commitments until they get those sorted out. Could just be them saying "We have no idea what we can offer you, in the mean time you'd might as well look around." Then again, Brodeur's fishing trip could backfire if he finds less interest than he hopes.

From smattering of info on Twitter, it is the financial troubles. I gather that Devils simply can't make a lot of large commitments until they get those sorted out. Could just be them saying "We have no idea what we can offer you, in the mean time you'd might as well look around." Then again, Brodeur's fishing trip could backfire if he finds less interest than he hopes.

There are teams who will jump as high as Brodeur wants, it will be more of a matter of where he wants to go. How is it going to backfire? I am not saying teams should make outrageous offers but there will some some teams that will. And by "outrageous" I am thinking anything above 3 mil.

So far the only Sharks RFA that capgeek has contract details on is Irwin ($105,000 AHL/ $650,000 NHL ). I assume that doesn't mean no one else accepted their offers?

There are teams who will jump as high as Brodeur wants, it will be more of a matter of where he wants to go. How is it going to backfire? I am not saying teams should make outrageous offers but there will some some teams that will. And by "outrageous" I am thinking anything above 3 mil.

I just said it could backfire, shopping around always holds that risk. I thought it was interesting that he hadn't had an agent for so many years. Maybe he just thought "hey, I haven't gone through this silliness in a long time, this is probably my last chance, let's go job hunting! It'll be fun."