The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nola

Off Season Trades and Free Agent SIgnings

He would actually make a lot of sense. While there is no chance that it happens, he would give them the sniping the '10 Heatley did, but also provide speed down the wing.

By sniping did you mean standing in front of the net and tapping in garbage goals?

By sniping did you mean standing in front of the net and tapping in garbage goals?

someone has got to do it though ... if they don't get more scoring they will get back to playing the stupid grind game they are not very good at and we know how well that works for them.

via Darren Dreger tweet,

Expect the Penguins to announce Sidney Crosby’s contract extension on Sunday. Over $100 million dollars with an AAV of close to $9 mil per.

One crack in the head and that kid will be collecting in the suite at the retirement home

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

Breaking #NHL news. Done deal. Look for #Pens to announce star Sidney Crosby to a new 12 year contract for 104.4M. Annual cap hit 8.7M

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the club has signed forward Scott Nichol to a one-year contract.

“We are pleased to have Scott back in the fold for next year,” said Armstrong. “His work ethic and professionalism are second to none and he serves as an excellent role model for our young core.”

Nichol, 37, appeared in 80 games with the Blues last season posting eight points (three goals, five assists) and 83 penalty minutes while leading the club with a 57.6% face-off win percentage. The 5’9”, 180-pound forward is a veteran of 12 National Hockey League (NHL) seasons amassing 126 points (55 goals, 71 assists) and 891 penalty minutes in 632 career regular season games. Nichol has also recorded three points (one goal, two assists) and 76 penalty minutes in 49 career playoff games.

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the club has signed forward Scott Nichol to a one-year contract.

“We are pleased to have Scott back in the fold for next year,” said Armstrong. “His work ethic and professionalism are second to none and he serves as an excellent role model for our young core.”

Nichol, 37, appeared in 80 games with the Blues last season posting eight points (three goals, five assists) and 83 penalty minutes while leading the club with a 57.6% face-off win percentage. The 5’9”, 180-pound forward is a veteran of 12 National Hockey League (NHL) seasons amassing 126 points (55 goals, 71 assists) and 891 penalty minutes in 632 career regular season games. Nichol has also recorded three points (one goal, two assists) and 76 penalty minutes in 49 career playoff games.

:D

To answer reversethecurse's question in the CBA thread: I want them to keep Murray not only because I like him as a Shark. I'm also afraid that if they do move him, Wilson will just end up signing someone like White or Vandermeer to act as 7th defenseman. I know Murray is paid too much for that role but I think it's better to keep Murray than play the "depth defenseman" crapshoot again. I didn't think Vandermeer was bad but the coaching staff had some issue with using him as a defenseman. Why was that again?

via Darren Dreger tweet,

Expect the Penguins to announce Sidney Crosby’s contract extension on Sunday. Over $100 million dollars with an AAV of close to $9 mil per.

The Pittsburgh Penguins have agreed to terms with Sidney Crosby on a 12-year, $104.4 million contract extension that will keep Crosby with the team through the 2024-25 season.

The extension calls for an annual cap hit of $8.7 million.

Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the new deal cannot be signed until July 1.

Crosby, 24, will play the 2012-13 season under the terms of his current contract. The extension will kick in at the start of the 2013-14 season.

To answer reversethecurse's question in the CBA thread: I want them to keep Murray not only because I like him as a Shark. I'm also afraid that if they do move him, Wilson will just end up signing someone like White or Vandermeer to act as 7th defenseman. I know Murray is paid too much for that role but I think it's better to keep Murray than play the "depth defenseman" crapshoot again. I didn't think Vandermeer was bad but the coaching staff had some issue with using him as a defenseman. Why was that again?

dear god

TAMPA BAY – The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed defenseman Brian Lee to a two-year, one-way contract today, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced.

Lee, 6-foot-3, 205 pounds, played in 20 games with Tampa Bay after being acquired from the Ottawa Senators on February 26 in exchange for defenseman Matt Gilroy. Following his Bolts debut on February 28 he went on to record eight assists and 17 shots on goal while averaging 17:05 in ice time. In 2011-12, with both the Tampa Bay and Ottawa, he combined for career-highs in games played with 55, assists with 15 and points with 16.

Surprised this wasn't posted:

‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

FLA puts Mike Santorelli on waivers; FLA puts Matt Bradley on unconditional ($125) waivers, presumably for buyout/termination of contract.

The Pittsburgh Penguins have agreed to terms with Sidney Crosby on a 12-year, $104.4 million contract extension that will keep Crosby with the team through the 2024-25 season.

The extension calls for an annual cap hit of $8.7 million.

Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the new deal cannot be signed until July 1.

Crosby, 24, will play the 2012-13 season under the terms of his current contract. The extension will kick in at the start of the 2013-14 season.

It's cute that he wears #87 and was born 8/7/87 and makes 8.7 million.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Told first 7 yrs of Quick's deal worth $7 M per year before tapering off in final 3 years to bring down cap hit ...

What's the exact rule on trading RFAs?

Seems like this deal will make Bernier vulnerable to an RFA signing, because I believe the Kings can't trade him for a full year if they match and while Quick isn't expensive next year, if Bernier tanked the next year, they'd be stuck with a high priced backup goalie and like 10 million allocated to the goaltending position.

What's the exact rule on trading RFAs?

Seems like this deal will make Bernier vulnerable to an RFA signing, because I believe the Kings can't trade him for a full year if they match and while Quick isn't expensive next year, if Bernier tanked the next year, they'd be stuck with a high priced backup goalie and like 10 million allocated to the goaltending position.

If a team matches an offersheet, they cannot trade the player for one full season. If it is a multi-year contract, they can trade the player after the first year.

If a team matches an offersheet, they cannot trade the player for one full season. If it is a multi-year contract, they can trade the player after the first year.

May be tough for the Kings to match. There's the risk he tanks in that year and they're stuck with him making 3+ million for 4-5 years with no way to get rid of him and Quick with a 5.8 million cap hit.

If I was Chicago, I'd throw an offer-sheet his way if I can't get him for just a 1st rounder from LA.