SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Fan Territory

2012 Conference Finals.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
613 replies to this topic

#1 Fugazi

Fugazi

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 58,195 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

#2 randompro42

randompro42

lim{∑ai | A ∈ F}

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

damn, that pacific division was sure weak this season, wasnt it?

TRO
Posted Image

#3 Fugazi

Fugazi

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 58,195 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

via NHL Officials,

The NHL has announced the Officials selected for the third round of Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-12:

REFEREES

Chris Lee, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Kevin Pollock, Chris Rooney, Kelly Sutherland and Brad Watson.

LINESMEN

Derek Amell, Steve Barton, Shane Heyer, Jean Morin, Brian Murphy, Jonny Murray, Pierre Racicot and Jay Sharrers.

#4 charlemagne

charlemagne

suck it.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,538 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

i won't make special effort to watch the WCF. it's too EMOTIONALLY (it_hurts) painful.

let's go rangers!
Posted Image

#5 John96

John96

John

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

First, one fight.

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

#6 John96

John96

John

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Second, two fights.

#7 John96

John96

John

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Third, three fights.

#8 Archibald_Cunningham

Archibald_Cunningham

CCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Just so we are clear, if the Yotes reach the finals, San Jose becomes the oldest franchise to have never played for the Cup, yes?

#9 peterborough-pete

peterborough-pete

King of the Cycle Breakers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostArchibald_Cunningham, on 13 May 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Just so we are clear, if the Yotes reach the finals, San Jose becomes the oldest franchise to have never played for the Cup, yes?
unless you count the Jets now that they are back...

#10 SJeasy

SJeasy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostFugazi, on 13 May 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

via NHL Officials,

The NHL has announced the Officials selected for the third round of Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-12:

REFEREES

Chris Lee, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Kevin Pollock, Chris Rooney, Kelly Sutherland and Brad Watson.

LINESMEN

Derek Amell, Steve Barton, Shane Heyer, Jean Morin, Brian Murphy, Jonny Murray, Pierre Racicot and Jay Sharrers.
The old guard is getting the heave ho.  Devorski dropped after round 1, Walkom after round 2.  Kozari, Furlatt and Joannette dropped along with Walkom.

I am not fond of Pollock, McCauley or O'Halloran.  O'Halloran for decisions and because he skates when he wants to as does Pollock.  McCauley lives up to his nickname "No Calls".  I would take Lee over all 3 of these guys and probably Kozari too.  The other 4 of the conf finals refs are solid selections.  None of them rank as poor skaters with Lee being the least adept but still OK.

#11 Fugazi

Fugazi

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 58,195 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostSJeasy, on 13 May 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

The old guard is getting the heave ho.  Devorski dropped after round 1, Walkom after round 2.  Kozari, Furlatt and Joannette dropped along with Walkom.

I am not fond of Pollock, McCauley or O'Halloran.  O'Halloran for decisions and because he skates when he wants to as does Pollock.  McCauley lives up to his nickname "No Calls".  I would take Lee over all 3 of these guys and probably Kozari too.  The other 4 of the conf finals refs are solid selections.  None of them rank as poor skaters with Lee being the least adept but still OK.

I'm not suprised about Walkom getting the boot, he was lousy the first two rounds. Weber head slam, Torres hit on Hossa were incidents that happened when Walkom was senior ref of those games. Get new blood in there and get rid of these old guard favorites I say

Good riddance

#12 charlemagne

charlemagne

suck it.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,538 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostArchibald_Cunningham, on 13 May 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

correct.
Posted Image

#13 SJeasy

SJeasy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostFugazi, on 13 May 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'm not suprised about Walkom getting the boot, he was lousy the first two rounds. Weber head slam, Torres hit on Hossa were incidents that happened when Walkom was senior ref of those games. Get new blood in there and get rid of these old guard favorites I say

Good riddance
O'Halloran and Pollock are coroner refs too.  I haven't seen McCauley with a no-call on safety, but he just doesn't have many calls.  The other 5 call safety.

#14 sub_zero94

sub_zero94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,423 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

means diddly squat, obviously, but I think the Sharks would actually stand a better chance in a series against LA then they would against Phoenix.  
Coaching and team speed would kill the Sharks and the fact that the Sharks simply cannot score goals in Phoenix...

just think the hockey media is selling Phoenix a bit short, so it seems.  i'd probably rather see the Dogs win this round.  We'll see.
Posted Image

#15 SJeasy

SJeasy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

View Postsub_zero94, on 13 May 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

means diddly squat, obviously, but I think the Sharks would actually stand a better chance in a series against LA then they would against Phoenix.  
Coaching and team speed would kill the Sharks and the fact that the Sharks simply cannot score goals in Phoenix...

just think the hockey media is selling Phoenix a bit short, so it seems.  i'd probably rather see the Dogs win this round.  We'll see.
Of the 4 teams remaining, I don't want to see the Kings win.  It would be a win for dumbed down hockey.  All 3 of the other teams have at least some strategic tweak to create offense.  I don't want a return to 90s hockey.  And we all know how most GMs are copycats.

#16 PlaywithGutz

PlaywithGutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostSJeasy, on 13 May 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Of the 4 teams remaining, I don't want to see the Kings win.  It would be a win for dumbed down hockey.  All 3 of the other teams have at least some strategic tweak to create offense.  I don't want a return to 90s hockey.  And we all know how most GMs are copycats.
SJ, what do you mean by dumbed down hockey?  Just curious...
SJ's Mr. Playoff's 2012 Numbers...JR-Nail-Head....
0 0 0 -1 4 0
Posted Image

#17 sub_zero94

sub_zero94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,423 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostSJeasy, on 13 May 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

why do the Devils have Larry Robinson and Adam Oates while the Sharks are stuck with Shaw and Woodcroft?  

why God why?
Posted Image

#18 SJeasy

SJeasy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostPlaywithGutz, on 13 May 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

SJ, what do you mean by dumbed down hockey?  Just curious...
Pretty much north/south, don't take any chances.

Rags block shots like no other with the intent of creating breakaways on the blocks.  Yotes are trap and transition with the dmen participating a lot off of the rush.  Devs run DeBoer's transition speed thing which is similar to Carolina's system, a little trap thrown in.  DeBoer is conservative with the dmen like Carolina, dmen almost never join the rush.

Caps gave the Rags fits because they put their point shots on a leash.  Carlson, Green and Wideman were only shooting on pinches with clear lanes.  It's death to bomb from the point against the Rags.

#19 Fugazi

Fugazi

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 58,195 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

LA has a lot of jump for being off a week

#20 sub_zero94

sub_zero94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip