Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defenseman13

goon, goon, GOON!!!!!!

49 posts in this topic

I saw GOON, before all of you, before every single one of you in here.

It was AWESOME!

Jp you're already the most loathed poster here, you really want to add Hipster to your resume?

quoted for posterity.

he probably doesn't know what "loathed" means. assumes you're saying he's clean or something.

he probably doesn't know what "loathed" means. assumes you're saying he's clean or something.

I'm sure the truth to his understanding of the word is in the mist. :lol:

lol, pretty funny, good job

Oh, to catch up with this post... three things.

1) I recut Goon. Jay Baruchel all but raped it with his d--k jokes and crappy interruptions.

- Ending song changed to "Five Minutes Alone" by Pantera. Personal preference, was almost more Rush.

- The "toilet paper" comments by Baruchel have been cut out from the epic Rhea/Glatt showdown near the end.

- The Baruchel goodbye antics are removed from the train scene.

- Endless **** joke removed from the Baruchel interview in the beginning.

- Baruchel ruining the ending fight scene by pointing the camera at himself has been cut.

It is now watchable.

2) Rob Zombie is making a movie about the Broad Street Bullies.

3) Kevin Smith is making his (most likely) last movie, called "Hit Somebody", based off the song by Warren Zevon.

Apparently the movie is so big that he's releasing it in two parts.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/08/15/kevin-smith-hockey-movie-hit-somebody-to-become-two-parter/

That is all.

Oh, to catch up with this post... three things.

1) I recut Goon. Jay Baruchel all but raped it with his d--k jokes and crappy interruptions.

- Ending song changed to "Five Minutes Alone" by Pantera. Personal preference, was almost more Rush.

- The "toilet paper" comments by Baruchel have been cut out from the epic Rhea/Glatt showdown near the end.

- The Baruchel goodbye antics are removed from the train scene.

- Endless **** joke removed from the Baruchel interview in the beginning.

- Baruchel ruining the ending fight scene by pointing the camera at himself has been cut.

It is now watchable.

3) Kevin Smith is making his (most likely) last movie, called "Hit Somebody", based off the song by Warren Zevon.

Apparently the movie is so big that he's releasing it in two parts.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/08/15/kevin-smith-hockey-movie-hit-somebody-to-become-two-parter/

That is all.

For a while Hit Somebody was gonna be a two parter since its basically written (for the most part) and it was gonna be well over 3 hours. Now it's looking like it'll be only one flick , he's waiting for guys like Afleck and Damon and Jason Lee to all have time in their schedules to do work on the flick because he has said (being that it could quite possibly be his last film) that basically everyone who has ever been in any of his movies will have at least a cameo in this flick..it'll be about the life of a hockey player and every league and city he played in(based in the 70's). He was gonna use Sean Willam Scott but he's changed his mind since he was in Goon, now from what I'm hearing he's gonna use one of the 3 young guys who were in Red State

Not sure what to think about that one.

Not sure what to think about that one.

Yeah, it's been a fairly interesting topic of debate around here, as you might imagine.

I think mostly people in the 'Please don't &%$# this one up..' camp...

And then Kevin Smith started writing Clerks 3 and the whole "im out of the directing/making movies business" unsurprisingly ended.

And then Kevin Smith started writing Clerks 3 and the whole "im out of the directing/making movies business" unsurprisingly ended.

I think it's cute that Kevin Smith still thinks he's relevant...

wait... so I'm looking it up, and it says that "Hit Somebody" is now planned as a miniseries instead of a movie (down from two movies), and wtf... another Clerks? Ugh.

I will admit however that I love the Clerks franchise.

KEVIN-SMITH_320.jpg

wait... so I'm looking it up, and it says that "Hit Somebody" is now planned as a miniseries instead of a movie (down from two movies), and wtf... another Clerks? Ugh.

I will admit however that I love the Clerks franchise.

KEVIN-SMITH_320.jpg

Yeah I mean, Clerks 2 was great so, there's a possibility.

It sounds like, he's having a hard time figuring out exactly what he wants to do with his career. He has a pretty successful podcast company/podcasts. Though, I feel like it's an oversaturation of the guy. I mean, I like listening to his smodcast but when he has one withhim and Mosier and then him and his wife, and then another one with the secret stash guys and then, another one about Batman and then another one about....its a little much.

Oh I see. Ok, so when things didn't work out with Hit Somebody because it was going to get cut down, Mewes told him to do a mini-series; not a bad idea. I hope its on Showtime or HBO so there is no real limit.

So then, he makes Clerks 3 his final film. Understandable; ending your directorial career on a trilogy.

Yeah I mean, Clerks 2 was great so, there's a possibility.

It sounds like, he's having a hard time figuring out exactly what he wants to do with his career. He has a pretty successful podcast company/podcasts. Though, I feel like it's an oversaturation of the guy. I mean, I like listening to his smodcast but when he has one withhim and Mosier and then him and his wife, and then another one with the secret stash guys and then, another one about Batman and then another one about....its a little much.

I feel like podcasts in general got to a point where in order to make money they need to oversaturate. I agree with you. I was on the smodcast train from episode one and loved it because it was once a week, and I would eagerly await the next episode. Then it was cheapened by having content every day. And from there it snowballed (pun intended) to literall too much content.

That and once he started smoking pot all the time it got shittier.

I feel like podcasts in general got to a point where in order to make money they need to oversaturate. I agree with you. I was on the smodcast train from episode one and loved it because it was once a week, and I would eagerly await the next episode. Then it was cheapened by having content every day. And from there it snowballed (pun intended) to literall too much content.

That and once he started smoking pot all the time it got shittier.

The funniest stuff he's done in the smodcast with mosier was listening to the recordings he made when he was in high school. Jesus...that was gold. The stuff he'd say as a 17 year old about girls and life, haha.

The funniest stuff he's done in the smodcast with mosier was listening to the recordings he made when he was in high school. Jesus...that was gold. The stuff he'd say as a 17 year old about girls and life, haha.

lol those and also the early walt flannegan and bryan johnson ones telling stories of just after high school.

1 person likes this