Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defenseman13

goon, goon, GOON!!!!!!

49 posts in this topic

Wrong forum perhaps, but by god you people need to see this movie.

It's on PPV now, out at the end of the month on DVD, you can get it from gongshow.com.

That being said, WOW.

It's gory, over the top and at times goes too far, but there is so much GOOD hockey in this movie (and humor) that it's on my top list of hockey flicks. Above Youngblood and below Mystery, ALaska.

Seriously, I was shocked when my buddy called me out on not knowing this movie had come out.

Oh, and knowing that Sean Micheal Scott was the lead had me rolling my eyes... and for the first time I actually liked him... nay, loved him. It's really good.

/discuss

oh, if you disagree with me, I will disagree with you.

2 people like this

I'm just gonna ask it, has slapshot become unbeatable? I mean it's a great flick with hilarious moments, but it does drag on a bit. Most the gold is in the first hour or so.

I'm just gonna ask it, has slapshot become unbeatable? I mean it's a great flick with hilarious moments, but it does drag on a bit. Most the gold is in the first hour or so.

When I was in "college", my roommate/friend and I were college broke... we scrounged change for crap beer and owned exactly two movies on VHS. One was Slapshot, the other was Major League. Even as hockey fans, we watched Major League a thousand times more.

I think Slapshot is fairly unbeatable, with the Hansens, Paul Newman, and the whole 70's dying town vibe. It would be hard to replicate.

Oh, and knowing that Sean Micheal Scott was the lead had me rolling my eyes... and for the first time I actually liked him... nay, loved him. It's really good.

haven't seen this one yet, but i've always liked SWS (it's william, not michael). did you ever see role models?

haven't seen this one yet, but i've always liked SWS (it's william, not michael). did you ever see role models?

**** Role Models. Stiffler all the way.

wait, in searching for a stiffler video the first thing that popped up was this. Holy ****. The beauty that is stiffler knows no language barriers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mECQsmsGVO0

dear god these are amazing.

and role models should be your adulthood.

haha. It's a good film, but those old SWS roles are the ones I love.

was pretty solid. Definitely no slapshot, I felt it took a little bit to get me into it, where as that french goalie explaining icing, 0-60 in no time.

That said, Liev Shriber was a ******* awesome antagonist. And the Sydney Crosby character... :lol:

This movie came out about 5-6 months ago lol, IT'S ******* AWESOME, but cmon how did none of you know about this!?

This movie came out about 5-6 months ago lol, IT'S ******* AWESOME, but cmon how did none of you know about this!?

its been mentioned on the boards several times in different threads before this thread came around

1 person likes this

I knew about it but was being lazy. Sub's videos finally pushed me over the edge.

5 people like this

Saw it months ago. It's no SlapShot.

It's supposed to be based on a true character. Forgot the dude's name though.

Saw it months ago. It's no SlapShot.

It's supposed to be based on a true character. Forgot the dude's name though.

Doug Smith.