SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Fan Territory

2012 Playoffs Round 2 All Games

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
511 replies to this topic

#41 marchment-fan

marchment-fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

"The team in red, white & blue"

Uh...they both wear red, white & blue.....
@brodiebrazilCSN: Brent Burns: #backthatassup

#42 charlemagne

charlemagne

suck it.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,538 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

just realized i didn't do my second round predictions. oops. oh well.. wasn't doing too well this year anyway, but if the rags win the cup i might have had a chance.
Posted Image

#43 Archibald_Cunningham

Archibald_Cunningham

CCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

That looked familiar.

#44 josierocket

josierocket

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Jeeze, the LA vs. St. Louis coverage is a Blues ass-kiss fest.

#45 josierocket

josierocket

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Score and a penalty to Perron! Go Kings!

#46 nickizidlicky_pr

nickizidlicky_pr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

2-1 eh?

Hard time rooting for either of these teams.
“I loved the physical part of the game... It's the part of the game I grew up loving.”
Scott Stevens

"Shawarmas later then"
Tony Stark

"Well this thorn is about to take you down!
Rick- Adventure Sphere

#47 MarbleMadness

MarbleMadness

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 40,759 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

watching this stl-la series is gonna make me hate the sharks. I already know it.
10/1/09 9:43 PM-From this moment on I call for Doug Wilson to be **** canned.
"Go Niners!" - Fugazi
"Does he have anything left in that stick and that wonderful set of hands?" -Randy Hahn
Nabby: I was like whoa, Dougie's coming really hard!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48 marchment-fan

marchment-fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Thundersticks suck.

#49 marchment-fan

marchment-fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

And that will do it...

#50 Fugazi

Fugazi

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 57,913 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Pancake Man

#51 charlemagne

charlemagne

suck it.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,538 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

phoenix and la with the early series leads in the west. the pacific torch has passed, eh?

:(
Posted Image

#52 mk391419

mk391419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,254 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

View Postcharlemagne, on 28 April 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

phoenix and la with the early series leads in the west. the pacific torch has passed, eh?

:(

I think that just proves how competitive the Pacific is.
"So don’t try to change who you are boy, and don’t try to be who you ain’t."- "Outfit," Drive-By Truckers

"If you're going to carry that in your head, you're never going to uncork the champagne, I'll tell you this much. You have to learn how to forget and move on." - Valeri Liukin

"Well, it's part of our job description. But you try to find something, in part because there are people financially dependent on two sides determined to go ahead with the worst suicide mission since Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid." - Elliotte Friedman

"Silicon Valley lauds its pioneers but doesn't know what to do with them if they keep living." - Tom Foremski

#53 LeChuck

LeChuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,767 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

View Postmk391419, on 28 April 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

I think that just proves how competitive the Pacific is.
Shows that the Kings are evolving, whereas the Sharks are devolving.

#54 Fugazi

Fugazi

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 57,913 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Dwight King received 2 for boarding for this hit on Alex Pietrangelo who did not return to the game.

#55 LeChuck

LeChuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,767 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostMarbleMadness, on 28 April 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

watching this stl-la series is gonna make me hate the sharks. I already know it.
Agreed. Though the Kings just seem to be matching up better with the Blues. Quick is leagues better than Niemi, his lateral movement is impressive. The Kings have a much more mobile defense and better speed upfront. Sharks don't have anyone close to Brown's combination of size and speed. That and their PK doesn't suck balls. The bad special team performance was a big factor for the Shark woes.

#56 LeChuck

LeChuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,767 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

View Postfugazi, on 28 April 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Dwight King received 2 for boarding for this hit on Alex Pietrangelo who did not return to the game.

Should have been 4 because of the blood, anything else would be overblown.

#57 SJeasy

SJeasy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,445 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostLeChuck, on 28 April 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Should have been 4 because of the blood, anything else would be overblown.
There is no provision for a double minor on boarding.  It's either a 2 or a 5.  If it is called as a major, the blood from the head would have been an automatic game misconduct.  He did get quiet room time.

On the play, I had it as a moderate push in the no-no zone.  Very reckless, but not dramatically violent.  Because of the location it was very dangerous.  If they called the rules as written (which they never do on the boarding issue), it isn't truly boarding, it is checking from behind which is an automatic major and game misconduct.

#58 Fugazi

Fugazi

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 57,913 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostSJeasy, on 28 April 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

There is no provision for a double minor on boarding.  It's either a 2 or a 5.  If it is called as a major, the blood from the head would have been an automatic game misconduct.  He did get quiet room time.

On the play, I had it as a moderate push in the no-no zone.  Very reckless, but not dramatically violent.  Because of the location it was very dangerous.  If they called the rules as written (which they never do on the boarding issue), it isn't truly boarding, it is checking from behind which is an automatic major and game misconduct.

Walkoum made the call for two minutes and did look at the player near the bench.

If I recall thats two calls he's missed sofar..

#59 SJeasy

SJeasy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,445 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

View Postfugazi, on 28 April 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Walkoum made the call for two minutes and did look at the player near the bench.

If I recall thats two calls he's missed sofar..
First Hossa, now Pietrangelo.  Walkom is rapidly ascending my list of coroner refs.  Dan Marouelli lives on.  O'Halloran, Walkom, Pollock and Leggo.  They need to subject these guys to impact testing for concrete . . .  then let them ref.

If I were inside his head, I would bet he was saying to himself that we need to let the players decide it so I won't call a major due to the competition issue.  The thing is that he decided it by not calling the major especially since a Blue was removed from the game.  It is deciding the game by the ref either way.

My other take is that both Nolan and King will be up their on the repeat offender list shortly.  They need to be taken to task.  They are for LA what Raffi Torres is for other teams.

#60 nickizidlicky_pr

nickizidlicky_pr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Lindros captures Devils-Flyers rivalry
MIKE ZEISBERGER, QMI Agency
Yesterday at 5:35

If there was one snapshot in time that captures the ferocity of the New Jersey Devils-Philadelphia Flyers rivalry, it would be of Eric Lindros lying on the ice in a heap.
It was Game 7 of the 2000 eastern conference final and Lindros, skating across the blue line with his head down, had just been crushed by Devils captain Scott Stevens, leaving the normally raucous building now known as the Wells Fargo Center as quiet as you’ll ever hear it ... Or not hear it, as the case may be.
You can bet that same arena will be much louder come Sunday afternoon when the despised Devils make the short one-hour drive down I-95 to take on the Flyers in Game 1 of their best-of-seven Eastern Conference semi-final series in south Philly.
While the Devils went on to win the Stanley Cup over the Dallas Stars after the Stevens hit on Lindros, the Flyers have won the subsequent two playoff matchups against New Jersey. They also beat Hall of Fame shoo-in Martin Brodeur three times in his four starts this season, yet another step toward wiping out the memory from the Flyers loyal fan base of Stevens laying out Lindros 12 years ago.
But it won’t be easy.
Sure, the Flyers looked impressive in disposing of Sidney Crosby’s talented Pittsburgh Penguins in six games in the first round. At the same time, as wobbly as he has looked in spurts in recent years, surely Brodeur could not play any worse than the Pens Marc-Andre Fleury, who resembled a beer league goalie at certain points versus the Flyers.
Then there’s the fact that the Devils and Flyers do not like each other.
Never have. Never will.
“It’s easy to hate Pittsburgh, but the Devils are right there ,right on our list, too,” Flyers forward Scott Hartnell told reporters in Phiilly.
Even a rookie like Matt Read is aware of the history of hate these two frachises have harboured for each other over the years.
“I can see the blood boiling after the first game if things are getting a little rough, same as Pittsburgh,” he said. “It’s going to be a hard-fought battle. Every game and every inch you’re going to have to fight for position and the puck.
“I think it’s going to be a great series, and I can’t wait for it to start.”
Brodeur will turn 40 on May 6, the date of Game 4 of this series.
“Probably if not the best goalie that’s ever played, in my mind, him and Patrick Roy are right up there,” Danny Briere said. “Everything he’s done, all the records he’s broken, it’s pretty impressive.
“At the same time, we’re there to move on. We can’t stop with them.”
Devils coach Peter DeBoer split up snipers Zach Parise and Ilya Kovalchuk during practice on Saturday, causing some observers to predict New Jersey was trying to look for more balance up front. But DeBoer warned the media afterward not to read to much into the reshuffled line combinations he used during the workout.
“I think any kind of change is refreshing and gives players around them a different jump and a different look,” DeBoer said.
“That doesn’t mean we’re going to make a change. We’ve won a lot of games here over the last month with the lines we’ve had, so I haven’t made any decisions there.
“Any time you make change, you usually get a positive reaction one way or the other.”
Meanwhile, at Flyers practice, defenceman Nicklas Grossman was paired with his regular blue line partner, Braydon Coburn. Grossman, who has been out with a concussion, is expected to play against the Devils on Sunday although, as of Saturday afternoon, he had yet to receive medical clearance.
Whatever the case, you can expect the bitter feelings between these two teams to boil the moment the puck is dropped.
Why would it be any different this time around?
mike.zeisberger@sunmedia.ca
“I loved the physical part of the game... It's the part of the game I grew up loving.”
Scott Stevens

"Shawarmas later then"
Tony Stark

"Well this thorn is about to take you down!
Rick- Adventure Sphere

Image Map