Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danvilleshark

GDT Sharks vs Blues Game 3

985 posts in this topic

I'm genuinely curious.

Why would Wingels be the one you'd take out of the lineup instead of Mitchell or Galiardi?

Probably a mistake to scratch him over some of the other choices.

oh how I love this statistic. sure hope it happens the next two games!

John Buccigross‏@BuccigrossReply

The Blues have lost 8 straight playoff road games. In their last six, they have not scored more than one goal. #elias

Retweeted by David Pollak

just wanted to make sure it got quoted again for LN.

Oh great, thanks - Just dandy. Maybe mix in a few Justin Bieber and Brodie Brazil photos too next time - that would give your cute collage some real balance. Make sure BJ2020 gets a giant poster of that too.

The Blues have lost 8 straight playoff road games. In their last six, they have not scored more than one goal. #elias

If they call the Secret Service, I'm sure they have a few numbers they can score with while on the road...

who the **** cares? i hate stats like that. how irrelevant can you get.

who the **** cares? i hate stats like that. how irrelevant can you get.

@petshark47

If they call the Secret Service, I'm sure they have a few numbers they can score with while on the road...

NO POLITICS IN THE GAME DAY THREAD YOU SCUM BAG.

@petshark47

She was unhappy with the Sharks fighting and she said "SMH" in response to Pavelski and Marleau getting involved physically.

She was unhappy with the Sharks fighting and she said "SMH" in response to Pavelski and Marleau getting involved physically.

Has there been any mention of the link between Oshie and Galiardi yet?

"Just because he has a tinted visor doesn't mean he's not allowed to be hit." - TJ Galiardi

1 person likes this

"Just because he has a tinted visor doesn't mean he's not allowed to be hit." - TJ Galiardi

Brilliant. I love that some Blues player (MacDonald?) yelled "Have some respect!". Then don't stand dumbfounded at the boards looking for the puck between your feet.

Holy cow, Pavelski and Couture are getting smoked in the faceoff circle so far. Both below 40%. That number has to improve.

Brilliant. I love that some Blues player (MacDonald?) yelled "Have some respect!". Then don't stand dumbfounded at the boards looking for the puck between your feet.

1) It's the Blues traininers job to make sure players are 100% ok to dress and play in NHL hockey games.

2) It's Galiardi's job to smack any player hard if they have the puck and attempting to make a play with it.

from Pierre LeBrun of ESPN,

“A lot of the series [are in] borderline chaos right now,’’ Sharks coach Todd McLellan said after his team’s morning skate.

And why is that?

“I don’t know, I don’t have an answer for it,” he said. “The other series, we’re all watching them because we’re hockey people and we get excited by the playoffs, but it’s amazing what’s going on right now. Maybe some of the messages will be delivered today [by the NHL] and everyone will reel it in a little bit. But high stakes, high emotions, competitive players, many that are crossing the line.’’

Hitchcock had a slightly different view.

“I don’t agree with that, I think organized chaos would be better (way to put it),’’ said the Blues coach. “I know it doesn’t look organized to you, but it is. This is why the players play. This is what happens when you have a lot of young players in the league. It’s very emotional, it’s very intense. ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/16381/sharks-still-buzzing-about-weekend-chaos

from Pierre LeBrun of ESPN,

“A lot of the series [are in] borderline chaos right now,’’ Sharks coach Todd McLellan said after his team’s morning skate.

And why is that?

“I don’t know, I don’t have an answer for it,” he said. “The other series, we’re all watching them because we’re hockey people and we get excited by the playoffs, but it’s amazing what’s going on right now. Maybe some of the messages will be delivered today [by the NHL] and everyone will reel it in a little bit. But high stakes, high emotions, competitive players, many that are crossing the line.’’

Hitchcock had a slightly different view.

“I don’t agree with that, I think organized chaos would be better (way to put it),’’ said the Blues coach. “I know it doesn’t look organized to you, but it is. This is why the players play. This is what happens when you have a lot of young players in the league. It’s very emotional, it’s very intense. ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/16381/sharks-still-buzzing-about-weekend-chaos

IMHO the refs have failed to squash any bad blood with appropriate penalties. Just look at the Neal incident. Instead of calming down the game with a timely penalty cheap shots go un-penalized leading to fisticuffs. I love my hockey rough, just don't like it when it becomes a circus with Hulk Hogan music.

IMHO the refs have failed to squash any bad blood with appropriate penalties. Just look at the Neal incident. Instead of calming down the game with a timely penalty cheap shots go un-penalized leading to fisticuffs. I love my hockey rough, just don't like it when it becomes a circus with Hulk Hogan music.

Agreed.

I'll be honest, I really like these games but the intensity and physicality seem be coming from a lot from bad officiating than the genuine dislike between the two teams.

The way the games are being called, it just seems like the rough stuff is being beckoned.