The Official Site of the San Jose Sharks

Let's toss in another amusing plagiarism.

One of the most famous Soviet cartoons <warning - lyrics are in Russian>

borrowed heavily from a great rock song

(they also grabbed a bridge from My Sweet Lord by Harrison).

Let's toss in another amusing plagiarism.

One of the most famous Soviet cartoons <warning - lyrics are in Russian>

borrowed heavily from a great rock song

A plagiarism of a plagiarism-

Thin Lizzy's version is badass though.

TL didn't plagiarize. To be 100% legally correct, even Grigoriy Gladkov (the composer of Plastilinovaya Vorona) didn't as such, since the music is listed as 'Traditional' on both Dubliners and TL's releases. But I am sure Gladkov took TL's version and I can bet he didn't even know about traditional roots. And of course the bridge from Harrison's song remains there.

A plagiarism of a plagiarism-

Thin Lizzy's version is badass though.

I'm a huge Lizzy fan. (R.I.P. Phillip) however neither are really plagiarisms per se. That song is "traditional", so old no one knows who penned it. That song was a complete accident for Lizzy to record and release. The boys were warming up futzing around with Whiskey, the producer, manager or some one heard it, told them to record it and release it. Phil was against it, as he felt it didn't represent what the band was trying to do, ( essentially sound American) he relented and they had their first charted single.

Sub with the music dump. I'm not a fan of that new Depeche that they keep playing on the radio.

was checking out the new album the other day, but couldn't bring myself to get it.

was checking out the new album the other day, but couldn't bring myself to get it.

I have ( downloading file sharing thief :rolleyes: ) Its depressing. sometimes that's what you need.

I'm a huge Lizzy fan. (R.I.P. Phillip) however neither are really plagiarisms per se. That song is "traditional", so old no one knows who penned it. That song was a complete accident for Lizzy to record and release. The boys were warming up futzing around with Whiskey, the producer, manager or some one heard it, told them to record it and release it. Phil was against it, as he felt it didn't represent what the band was trying to do, ( essentially sound American) he relented and they had their first charted single.

Fair enough, you can't really plagiarize a traditional/folk song.

Depeche Mode is knocking on the door for one of the top 3 most overrated band of all time.

It's hard to crack the Rush, Kiss, Neil Young triumverate though...

Depeche Mode is knocking on the door for one of the top 3 most overrated band of all time.

It's hard to crack the Rush, Kiss, Neil Young triumverate though...

Hey now, the only autograph I'd honestly be excited about at a Shark home game anymore would be Neil Young.

Hey now, the only autograph I'd honestly be excited about at a Shark home game anymore would be Neil Young.

The last shred of respect I had for him dissipated when I saw him in a Winnipeg Jets jersey

I dont think you were on the boards when I saw neil last summer...

But holy **** that 2 hour set had maybe 15 minutes of decent music. Jesus christ.

Yeah, he's not good....

If I want 80's melodramatic depressing at least give the smiths so I can laugh at morissey's pretentious ass while we're at it.

My best friend in high school was a HUGE Morrissey and Depeche Mode fan. Riding in his car was should have been outlawed by the United Nations. Jeezum Crow...