Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be a Tupac situation where we're getting new David Bowie music videos 5 years after his death?

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be a Tupac situation where we're getting new David Bowie music videos 5 years after his death?

Tupac is alive and living in a bunker deep in the Oakland hills

The group's name sounds British.

The song itself does, too.

But it's one of the finest of the American garage rock.

Super Bowl redux. They should just play this every year. No one would complain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lCmBvYMRs&list=RDN_lCmBvYMRs

I was stationed in Korea when she sang this. Just a 20 year old kid far away from home.

About 12 of us were in the main room watching on AFN when Whitney took the stage. By the time she was done we were all on our feet and cheering.

Rest in peace Whitney. You will always be remembered.

(ETA:  I don't know how anyone in Austin ever can get work done:  live music on the 6th nightly?  Not to mention several big music festivals a year?)

Italian metal band covering Depeche Mode.  I was surprised I liked this.

Agreed, that is quite good. I have stated in here previously my dislike for what I call karaoke covers.

A cover has to do two things. 1. Tell it's own story & 2. Not suck. The cover I always hold up as the gold standard is the Bangles cover of Simon and Garfunkel's Hazy Shade of Winter.

This cover does both things quite well. I find that switching genders always gives a cover an initial good first step.

Agreed, that is quite good. I have stated in here previously my dislike for what I call karaoke covers.

A cover has to do two things. 1. Tell it's own story & 2. Not suck. The cover I always hold up as the gold standard is the Bangles cover of Simon and Garfunkel's Hazy Shade of Winter.

This cover does both things quite well. I find that switching genders always gives a cover an initial good first step.

Yeah. You get Mariah Carey covering 'Without You'.